PROFILE OF MAHENDRA CHANDRA DEY
Sr. Strategic Planning Specialist / BD Manager
||: Business Development
||: 8822105-6, Ext. 160
Mahendra Chandra Dey obtained Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Economics from Dhaka University in 1974, Master of Arts in Economics from Dhaka University in 1975.
|Professional Track Record
Mr. M. C. Dey has 30 years practical experience. He has a Masters Degree with honours in Economics, obtained from Dhaka University in the year 1974. He Started as Resaerch Assistant in BIDS in 1978 (January to September). He joined in the Bangladesh Water Development Board in 1978 as an Asstt. Director (Economist), mainly to plan, analyse, appraise, project document preparation, management & monitoring and approval processing of water sector projects in various capacities like the Joint Chief Planning and Dy. Chief (Economist) of Bangladesh Water Development Board. He joined in various special study team of several BWDB development projects during his involvement with BWDB upto March, 2004. He joined in the Institute of Watwer Modelling (IWM) in April,2004 as Senior Strategic Planning Specialist (Economist) and working till now. He is life member Bangladesh Economic Association (BEA).
Mr. M. C. Dey has participated in lot of trainings as resource person as well as trainee in Bangladesh.
- Training on Budgeting Techniques, 2006, Dhaka
- Urban Flood Control Planning and Management, 1998, AIT, Thailand
- Small Scale Water Resources Development Projects, 1987, AIT, Thailand
- Project Management, 1997, Dhaka
- Training of Trainers Course-2 (Phase-III), 1991, Dhaka
- Training of Trainers Course-2 (Phase-II), 1991, Dhaka
- Training of Trainers Course-2 (Phase-I), 1990, Dhaka
- Computer Management / Planning Course on LOTUS 123, DBASE III+, WORD PERFECT and GRAPHICS DESIGN, 1990, Dhaka
- Computer Course on Advanced Lotus 123 on MS-DOS, 1990, Dhaka
- Training Workshop on Project Planning, Preparation and Monitoring, 1986, Sylhet
|Major Project Assignment
|| Detailed Feasibility Studies of following projects:
- North Bangladesh Deep Tubewell Project, Consultant CKC, Japan under ADB Grant.
- Ganges-Kobadak Irrigation Rehabilitation Project, Consultant NEDECO, Netherland under ADB Grant.
- Kurigram Flood Control, Drainage & Irrigatiion Project, Consultant JICA, Japan under ADB & Japan Govt. Grant.
- Mahamayachhara Multipurpose Project, BWDB Inhouse Study Team.
- Teka-Mukteswari FCD Project, BWDB Inhouse Study Team.
- Sagarkhali Borobeela Drainage Improvement Project, Individual Consultant under IWM, GOB financed.
- Khaliajuri FCD Project, Consultant DDC & HCL under GOB Grant.
- Naogaon Flood Control Project, Consultant DDC & HCL under GOB Grant.
- Kajirhat-Satbaria FCDI Project, Consultant DDC & HCL under GOB Grant.
- Teesta Barrage Project (Phase-I), Special Study jointly by BUET & BWDB Experts
- Dhaka Integrated Flood Control Project (FAP-8B), Consultant JICA, Japan under ADB & Japan Govt. Grant.
- Polder Needs Assessment Survey (Netrokona Water Management Project under IFAD Aid; Consultant BWDB Special Study Team
- Muhuri-Kahua Project, Consultant DDC under GOB financed.
- Public Expenditure Review of BWDB & Water Sector Study (WSIP)
- Individual Consultant under World Bank Grant.
- Feasibility & Model Study for Rehabilitation of Flood Control Embankment on both bank of Gumti.
- Feasibility for Improvement of navigability of Mongla Port.
- Feasibility Study of Integrated Water resources Management of chalan Beel Area.
- Feasibility Study of Bairagirhat & Chilmari Bandar Protection.
- Groundwater management & Zoning Study for Repair & rehab. of DTW Project in Greater dinajpur.
- Feasibility Study of Hasail-Garurgaon Protection against Padma Erosion.
- Feasibility Study of Coastal Embankment Project (Polder-30).
- Feasibility Study with mathematical modellingof Khaliajuri Project.
- Feasibility Study of Faridpur Town, Charbhadrason and adjacenr area, protection.
- Feasibility Study of Babupura Indobangla Protection in Panka Narayanpur.
- Feasibility Study of Haridhara-Ulia Bank Protection at Left bank of Jamuna.
- Feasibility Study of Ganges & Mohananda River bank Protection under Godari Upazila.
- Feasibility Study of Chilmari Town Protection Project