Mr. Md. Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal completed his graduation in Civil Engineering from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET) in May 2009.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Md. Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal has been working in IWM since January 2011. Before joining in Research and Development Unit of IWM, he worked at Survey and Data Division for about 7 years and gathered immense experience in topographic and hydrographic survey, hydrological and hydro-metrological data collection, processing and analysis, drafting and survey report writing, conducted computational works in connection with dredging of different rivers in Bangladesh. He started his carrier as a Junior Geotechnical Engineer at Dev Consultants (DevCon) Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- "Water Quality Modelling using ECOLAB", 2019 by DHI, Denmark held at IWM
- "Business Communication Skills",2019 by British Council BD held at IWM
- "Bathymetric Survey using Hypack Software",2013 held at IWM
- "Discharge Measurements by ADCP", 2013 held at IWM
- "Monitoring and quality control of hydrological data collection", 2012 held at IWM
- "Hydrographic Survey using Hydro Pro Software", 2012 held at IWM
- "Community participation and management of water Supply & sanitation", 2009 held at International Training Network Centre, Sub Centre RUET, Rajshahi
Publication in Journals:
- A.H.M. Kamal ,Md. Mosiur Rahman, Abdullah Al Mamun, and Dr. Md. Shafi Uddin Miah(2009) "Study On The Irrigation Water Distribution System Developed By Brind Multipurpose Development Authority". Journal of the Bangladesh Association of Young Researchers (JBAYR): Volume 1, Number 2, June 2011, Page: 63-71, ISSN 1991-0746 (Print), ISSN 2220-119X (Online). DOI 10.3329/jbayr.v1i2.10032.
- A.H.M Kamal, Md. Mosiur Rahman, Md. Munsur Rahman "Functioning of Hydraulic and Morphological Sustainability of River Training Works in Bangladesh" July 2013, Volume 7, No. 6 (Serial No. 67), pp. 756-766 ,Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, ISSN 1934-7359, USA.
- A.H.M Kamal , Md. Mosiur Rahman, Pk. Shubhra "Sustainability of a Dredged Channel for River Training:A Case Study Using Satellite Image and HEC-RAS 1D Model" Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture Research ,Vol. 1, No. 6, 2014, pp.414-427, December 25, 2014 ,CA 91731, USA.
- A.H.M Kamal, Md. Mosiur Rahman, Rahman Mohammad Arifur, Mahmud Hasan Tuhin, Sayeed Md. Delwar Hosen, M. A. B. Barkotulla (2010) "A Case Study of Water Use Conflict In South Asia (Ganges -Brahmaputra-Meghna Basin) And Their Perspective Impacts On Bangladesh".(Abstract only) International Seminar on Climate Change and Environmental Challenges of 21st University of Rajshahi, ,Rajshahi, Bangladesh.(2010).
Major Project Assignment
- Research on two-stage hydro-meteorological pre-monsoon flash flood forecast over North-East haor region of Bangladesh
- Assessment of effectiveness of bank protection works/ river training works suggested by BWDB through mathematical modelling of the Padma river at Naria of Shariatpur district to combat bank erosion
- Survey for Technical Proposal on The Technical FS of Boro Char in the Meghna River at Ikhlaspur Union under Matlab North Upazila in Chandpur District
- Site Survey for Selection of Hydrometric Stations in connection to the ongoing Bangladesh Weather and Climate Services Regional Project (BWCSRP), Component B: Strengthening Hydrological Information Services and Early Warning Systems (SHISEWS)
- Bathymetric survey and monitoring for supporting maintenance dredging of Gorai River Restoration Project (Phase-II) during 2014-15 to 2016-17
- Survey for Feasibility Study of Re-excavation of the Bhairab River flowing over Meherpur and Chuadanga Districts
- Survey for Morphological Mathematical Modelling for Implementation Support to Maintenance Dredging of the Gorai River for three Years (2014-16) under Gorai River Restoration Project, Phase-II
- Bathymetric survey and monitoring for supporting maintenance dredging of Gorai River Restoration Project (Phase-II) during 2013-14.
- Bathymetric Survey for Pre-Work and Post-Work Measurement of dredging for Gorai River Restoration Project (Phase-II) (2009-2012)
- Survey for Package-1-Mathematical Modelling Study (Groundwater and Surface Water)
- Survey for KJDRP: Monitoring & Evaluation of the Hydrological & Morphological Conditions of Rivers & Drainage Problems in the KJDRP area for the Planning of Drainage Improvement Measures
- Topographic Survey, Mapping and Hydrometric Measurement work under DPHE project on 148 Pourashava for Phase-III & IV