Mr. Asker Rajin Rahman graduated in Civil Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) in April 2012. He also completed M.Sc. Engg. (Civil & Structural) from the same university in March 2018.
Professional Track Record
Since joining IWM in 2012, Asker Rajin Rahman has been involved in number of important water resources projects including Dhaka-Chittagong via Comilla-Laksam High Speed Railway Project, Bhanga-Payra Rail Line Project, Construction of Four Bridges of Eastern & Southern Region of Bangladesh Project, Gorai River Restoration Project (Phase-II), Bhairab River Re-excavation Project, Kalni-Kushiyara Dredging Modelling & Monitoring Project.
He is specialized in River Morphology, Dredging, Bank Protection Works, Local Scour Computation, Sediment Transport, Hydraulic Modelling with MIKE21C, MIKE 11 tools of DHI, Water and Environment. He is also proficient in use of a variety of hydraulic, hydrological and GIS software.
As a civil engineer, Mr. Asker Rajin Rahman also has expertise in using various special civil engineering software such as : CSI ETABS, AutoCAD, Abaqus CAE (CFD and soil-water-structure interaction), PLAXIS-3D and Plaxis-2D (Soil-structure interaction along with seepage flow).
Mr. Asker Rajin Rahman has received specialized training in mathematical modelling on MIKE11, ArcGIS (both basic and advanced). He has also received training on "Business Communication Skills" by British Council, "Bathymetric Survey", "River Erosion Management" and provided training to NAHRIM professionals on dredging of Gorai River and Management Information System (MIS).
Mr. Rahman is also a Member of the Institution of Engineers (IEB), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
A list of his publications are as follows:
- A. R. Rahman, R. Ahsan, 2018. "Evaluation of Design Parameters of Near Embankment Underground Tunnel Structure by Numerical Analysis of a 2D Plain Strain Model", Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019, H. Shehata and C. S. Desai (Eds.): GeoMEast 2018, SUCI, pp. 182-198, 2019, Greater Cairo, Egypt.
- A. R. Rahman, 2017. " Effect of Floods on Structures by Numerical Analysis of a 2D Plain Strain Model", Proceedings of International Conference on Disaster Risk Mitigation, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, September 23-24, 2017.
Major Project Assignment
- "Hydrographic Survey And Hydrological & Morphological Mathematical Modelling Study In Connection With Feasibility Study And Detail Design For Construction Of Dhaka-Chittagong Via Comilla-Laksam High Speed Railway" (Client: Bangladesh Railway)
- "Detail Topographic Survey, Hydrological And Morphological Study Using Mathematical Model For Proposed Rail Line Construction From Bhanga To Payra Port" (Client: Bangladesh Railway)
- "Hydrological And Morphological Study For Proposed Munshirhat Bridge Over Kirtinasha River At The 2nd Km Of Shariatpur-Ganganagar-Mongalmazirghat Road (Z-8065) Under Shariatpur Road Division, During The Year 2017-2018" (Client: RHD)
- Hydrological and Morphological Mathematical Modelling Study for Construction of Four Bridges of Eastern & Southern Region of Bangladesh
- "Feasibility Study For Dredging Along The Gumti River For Smooth Drainage And Ensuring Dry Season Irrigation Facilities At Daudkandi And Adjacent Areas In Comilla Distract Using Mathematical Modelling Including Environmental And Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)" (Client: BWDB)
- "Hydrological and Morphological Study for Proposed Premtala Bridge over Kirtinasha River at the 1st km and Kazirhat Bridge over a Branch of Arial khan River at the 16th km of Shariatpur-Jajira-Kaorakandi (Kathalbari) Road (Z-8012) under Shariatpur Road Division during the year 2017-2018" (Client: RHD)
- "Hydro-Morphological Mathematical Modelling Study For Re-Excavation Of The Bhairab River Flowing Over Meherpur And Chuadanga Districts" (Client: BWDB)
- "Morphological Mathematical Modelling for Implementation Support to The Maintenance Dredging of the Gorai River For The Time Period of FY 2014-15 To 2016-17 Under Gorai River Restoration Project, Phase-II" (Client: BWDB)
- "Consultancy Service To Carry Out Hydro-Morphological Study, IEE & EIA For Construction Of 300M Long Bridge At Nundaha Ghat Over Korotoa River At Ch.4500m Of Chatra GC To Glabari Ghat Via Nischintobati Primary School Road (ID: 185764034) Under Pirganj Upazila Of Rangpur District" (Client: LGED)
- "Sub Project under Feasibility Study with Detail Design of Surface Water Treatment Plant for Sylhet City Corporation (P-51860) " (client: BWDB)
- "Sub Proejct of P-51690 - Detailed Feasibility Study with ESIA for Restoration of Water Resources around Baral River Basin" (Client: BWDB)
- "Morphological Mathematical Modelling for Implementation Support to The Maintenance Dredging of the Gorai River During 2013-14 Gorai River Restoration Project, Phase-II" (Client: BWDB)
- Sub-Project from FMG Division (P-51379): "Kalni-Kushiyara Dredging Modelling & Monitoring" (Client: BWDB)
- "Morphological Mathematical Modelling for Planning, Design, Monitoring and Quality Control of Dredging for Gorai River Restoration Project, Phase-II" (Client: BWDB)
- "Mathematical Morphological Modelling in connection with sustainable river management plan for main rivers, distributaries and tributaries in Bangladesh" (Client: BWDB)
- "Pre-Feasibility Study to Restore the Environment of the Kaptai Lake in the Rangamati Hill District" (Client: BWDB)
- "Quality control, Monitoring and Impact Assessment of Pilot Dredging of Jamuna River at 2 locations from Sirajganj Hardpoint to Dhaleswari Offtake (20 Km) and Near the Nalini Bazar (2 Km) " (Client: BWDB)