Ms.Fouzia obtained her B.Sc (Honours) in Geography from University of Dhaka in 1993 and completed M.Sc. in Geography from the same institute in 1994.
Professional Track Record
Ms Fouzia has 9 years of professional experience in the field of GIS.Fouzia started her professional career in April 2002 as a junior GIS Analyst in DATEX. She Joined IWM in April 2005 as a Junior GIS Specialist and since then she has been involved in many project. Where she has intensively created DEM, contour, flood depth analysis, customization of ArcView 3.2, image rectification and classification and other topographic information.
Fouzia has attended a number of National training programmes, seminar and conferences.
Major Project Assignment
- Development of a GIS based MIS for DWASA network analysis and system metering including zone demarcation
- Study on Well Field Construction for Immediate Supplement to City Water Supply for Nearby GW Sources
- Oil Spill Modelling
- CWASA Water Supply Project
- CDMP: Preparation of Tsunami and storm surge risk map
- Indian River Linking Project
- Use of ECMWF Data for Flash flood Forecast in the NE Region of Bangladesh
- Planning and Design of Beel Kapalia Tidal
- Scheme Information Management System for WMIP (Water Management Improvement Project )
- Feasibility Study and Detailed Engineering Design for Long Term Solution of Drainage Problems in the Bhabodah Area.
- Mathematical Modelling for the Ganges Barrage Project
- Morphological Mathematical Modelling for Planning, Design, Motoring and Quality Control of Dredging for Gorai river Restoration Project.
- Preparation of Tsunami and Storm Surge inundation Risk Maps for the Entire Coastal Region Project
- Hydrological Modelling for Studying the Impact of Climate Change on Flooding Situation in Bangladesh