Mr. Abdur Rahman graduated in Civil Engineering from Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology (DUET), Gazipur in 2010.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Rahman has a professional career of more than 8 years in the field of Water, Environment as well as structural design. In September 2012, he started career with Survey and Data Division, Institute of Water Modelling (IWM) as a Junior Engineer. Then he transferred to Water Resources Planning Division (WRP) in June 2013. Before joining IWM, He worked as a structural engineer with Nahda Builders Ltd around 2 years.
Mr. Rahman received professional training on Mathematical Modelling and Computational Hydraulics, Monitoring and Quality Control of Hydrological Data management, Hydrodynamic and Rainfall Runoff Modelling with MIKE 11 and Advanced GIS. He is a member (M-33248) of The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
Major Project Assignment
- Detail Study on Total Water Demand & Water Availability Assessment for MICITY.
- Storm water drainage system analysis for Bangladesh Chinese Economic Industrial Park.
- Detail Design Preparation of Tender Documents for Relocation of 400mm Water Transmission Pipeline from Bangla Motor to Nilkhet.
- Study of Options for Road and Drainage Network Improvement in Extended DNCC Area.
- Technical Study of Flood Control and Drainage Development at Dhaka Circular Road (Dhaka Eastern Bypass) Project.
- Assessment of State of Water Resources in Bangladesh.
- Flood Modelling of Dhaka City-Part 2: Impact and Resilience of Storm water Drainage Investments of the Dhaka Water Supply and Sanitation Project (DWSSP).
- Water Supply Master Plan for Dhaka City.
- Survey of 16 Rivers for FSCD in C/W Capital Dredging Project.
- Feasibility Study for Drainage Improvement of Polder 1, 2, 6-8 & 6-8 (Ext.) by Mathematical Modelling under the Satkhira District.