Mr. Mohammad Tofail Islam completed his graduation in Civil Engineering from CUET in July 2010 and pursuing his M.Sc. in Water Resources Engineering in BUET.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Mohammad Tofail Islam has a professional career of 6 years in the field of Satellite based Survey & Data Collection techniques. He has been extensively engaged in Topographic survey, hydrographic survey using RTK-GPS, Single and Dual Frequency Echo Sounders and other hydrological data collections including discharge measurements by ADCP, Water level data collection etc. During the time at IWM, he led a number of large survey projects. He exclusively worked as a Survey Specialist in the construction of Cross Bar at Sirajganj, monitoring its performance under diverted flow after Capital (Pilot) Dredging at the Jamuna River. Besides, he is experienced in assessment of dredging requirements, dredging monitoring and volume calculations including reporting the same. His responsibilities include plan and management of data collection campaigns, quality control, data processing, analysis and report writing.
-Membership: The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB, 37301) -Training/Workshop:
- Training on Discharge measurement by ADCP, 17-19 December, 2013 conducted by Institute of Water Modelling, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on Advance ArcGIS, 09-15 December, 2013 conducted by Institute of Water Modelling, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on Basic ArcGIS, 04-10 November, 2013 conducted by Institute of Water Modelling, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hydrographic Survey Using Hydro pro Software, 23-27 October, 2011 conducted by Institute of Water Modelling, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Consultancy for Support Services in Connection with Construction Supervision of Protective Works of Cross Bars in the Jamuna River at Sirajganj under Capital Dredging of River Systems in Bangladesh (CDRSB) Project.
- Flood Hazard Model and Index Based Flood Insurance for South Asia with IWMI.
- Survey of Meghna River adjacent to Bhola.
- Prework Survey for Dredging from Ilisha Ghat to Rajapur at Bhola.
- Sub Project of Morphological Study for the Selected Offtake in Connection with the Buriganga Augmentation Project.
- Survey for Monitoring of Hydraulic and Morphological Conditions of Jamuna River for the Safety of the RTW of Bangabandhu Bridge during the year 2013-2017.
- Quality Control, Monitoring and Impact Assessment of Pilot Dredging of Jamuna River from Sirajganj Hard Point to Dhaleswari Offtake (20 Km) (2nd Year Maintenance Dredging during 2013-2014).
- Survey for Updating of Final Report (May 2008) Mathematical Model Study for Protection of Baguria, Syedpur of Gaibandha Sadar and Kanchipara, Balashighat of Fulchari Upazilla under Gaibandha District from Erosion of the Jamuna River.
- Mathematical Morphological Modelling of the Jamuna River in Connection with the Proposed Power Plant in Sirajganj.
- Quality control and Monitoring of Pilot Dredging of Jamuna River from Sirajganj Hard Point to Dhaleswari Offtake (20 Km) (1st Year Maintenance Dredging).
- Survey for Mathematical Modelling Support for Index Based Flood Insurance Product for Selected area of Sirajganj District-Phase II.
- Quality control, Monitoring and Impact Assessment Pilot Dredging of Jamuna River at 2 locations from Sirajganj Hardpoint to Dhaleswari Offtake (20 Km) and Near the Nalin Bazar (2 Km).