Mr. Musfequzzaman graduated in Water Resources Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology in March 2009. Later he completed M.Sc. in Water Resources Engineering from the same university in July 2012.
Professional Track Record
Since joining IWM in 2009, Mr. Musfequzzaman was involved in number of important water resources projects including Mathematical Modelling of the Ganges in connection with the Proposed Rooppur Power Plant; Monitoring of Hydraulic and Morphological Conditions for the Safety of the Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge; Mathematical Morphological Modelling in connection with Sustainable River Management Plan for Main Rivers, Distributaries and Tributaries in Bangladesh etc. He is specialized in River morphology, Bank protection works, Local scour computation, Sediment transport, Dredging, Hydraulic modelling with MIKE21C, MIKE 11, MIKE 21FM, MIKE Flood tools of DHI, Water and Environment. He is also proficient in use of a variety of hydraulic, hydrological and GIS software.
Mr. Musfequzzaman received specialized training in mathematical modelling on MIKE21FM, MIKE FLOOD, Delft 3D and ArcGIS. He also provided training to various professionals on hydrodynamic modelling by using MIKE21C. He has few publications to his credit on mathematical modelling of Dredging, River Response and Hydraulic Structure related issues. He attended a number of seminars and conferences. He is a Member (M-29940) of Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB).
Major Project Assignment
- Monitoring of Hydraulic & Morphological Conditions of the Jamuna River for the safety of the River Training Works of Bangabandhu Bridge during the Period 2013 to 2017 (Five Years) (Client: BBA)
- Two-Dimensional Morphological Model for Karnafuli Irrigation Project (Client: BWDB)
- Consultancy Service to Carry Out Hydro-Morphological Study, IEE & EIA for Construction of 300m long Bridge at Nundaha Ghat over Korotoa River at ch.4500m of Chatra GC to Gillabari Ghat via Nischintobati Primary School Road (ID: 185764034) under Pirganj Upazila of Rangpur District (Client: LGED)
- Hydro-morphological Study of the Datbhanga River and the adjoining area of the River at 18th km & Jharkata River at 19th km of Jamalpur-Madarganj Road under Jamalpur Road Division (Client: RHD)
- Technical feasibility studies and detailed engineering design for river bank improvement program (RBIP) - numerical modeling (Client: NHC)
- Mathematical Morphological Modelling in connection with Sustainable River Management Plan for Main Rivers, Distributaries and Tributaries in Bangladesh (Client: BWDB)
- Quality Control, Monitoring and Impact Assessment of Pilot Dredging of Jamuna River at 2 Locations from Sirajganj Hard Point to Dhaleswari Offtake (20 Km) (Client: BWDB)
- Mathematical Modelling and Survey of the Jamuna River in Connection with the Proposed Power Plant in Sirajganj (Client: LANCO Power International Pte Ltd.)
- Modelling for Kushiyara River near North Pad (Client: Chevron Bangladesh)
- Monitoring of Hydraulic and Morphological Conditions for the Safety of the Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge for the Year 2011 (Client: BBA)
- Mathematical Modelling of the Ganges in connection with the Proposed Rooppur Power Plant (client: Bangladesh Nuclear Energy Commission)
- Study of Impact of Dredging at 3.17km Upstream of Hardinge Bridge on the Ganges River (Client: Power Grid Company Bangladesh)
- Padma Bridge Design Modelling (Client: HR Wallingford)
- Mathematical Modelling and Morphological Forecast for Protection of Soilabari and adjacent areas of Sirajganj Town from Erosion of Jamuna River in Upazilla Sadar, District Sirajganj (Client: BWDB)
- Hydrological and Morphological Study using Mathematical Model for the Proposed Bridge on Karatoya River at Ullapara Upazilla under Sirajganj District (Client: RHD)