Mahmid Saminur Rahman has completed his B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in September 2017. He is currently pursuing M.Sc. in Civil Engineering from the same university.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Rahman started his career in Institute of Water Modelling since February 2018 and is presently working in Water Resources Planning Division of IWM as Junior Engineer.
Mr. Rahman is a student member of professional bodies such as ASCE (S.M. ASCE, 11263655).
- Training on Basic Arc GIS Organized by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM) held at IWM during 26 November- 02 December, 2018.
- Training on D-Emission Model by Deltares held at IWM during 27th October- 31st October, 2019.
Publication in Journal:
- Rahman, M.S., and Mamtaz, R., "Modeling of Groundwater Resources of Dhaka City", Global Science & Technology Journal, Australia, June 2018, Vol. 6, Issue 2. http://www.gstjpapers.com/
- Abdullah, M., Rahman, M.S., Rahman, M.A., and Sahabuddin, S.M., 2019. "Trend analysis of the hydrological components in a watershed: A case study for Bogura District in Bangladesh", Journal of Environmental Hydrology, Vol. 27, Paper 4.
Major Project Assignment
- Technical Assistance in Integrated Water Resources Management. (Client: World Bank)
- Pagla Sewage Treatment Plant Supervision Project. (Client: DWASA)
- Feasibility Study of Collection System of Dasherkandi Sewage Treatment Plant. (Client: DWASA)
- Technical Assistance for Detailed Design, Development of Service Option & Modality and Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DRP) of Water Supply Scheme to Implement in Thirty Towns of Bangladesh. (Client: DPHE)
- Review of final report on Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modeling of Sirajganj power plant.
- Consultancy Services for Pre and Post-work Measurement after Sludge Removal and Re-excavation of Selected Khals (canals) in Dhaka City. (Client: DWASA)
- Water Resource Potential Assessment for Ukhia and Teknaf Upazila Area, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh. (Client: WaterAID)
- Feasibility Study of Development of Safe Water Supply System in the Newly Added 16 Unions of DNCC and DSCC. (Client: DWASA)
- Survey for feasibility study for improvement of Ghagot, Bangshi, Banar Lower, Nagda, Zinai and Gomti rivers for restoration of dry season flow, navigability improvement, flood and erosion management. (Client: BWDB)
- Implementation Support Services in connection with different ongoing projects of BWDB. (Client: BWDB)