Mr. Abul Hasan Rana completed his graduation (B.Sc. Engg.) in Water Resources Engineering (WRE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2014. He is currently pursuing his M.Sc. (WRE) from the same University.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Rana has a professional career of about 07 years in the field of Water Resources Engineering. As a Water Resources Engineer, he has developed his professional career in Institute of Water Modelling since October 2015. He is responsible for conducting feasibility studies of several Flood Control Drainage and Irrigation (FCDI) projects. He is also responsible for developing Basin Model and Flood Inundation Model.
Md. Abul Hasan Rana has received several specialized trainings in mathematical modelling and ArcGIS.
As a trainee Mr. Rana participated in following trainings
- Training on Computational Hydraulics, Hydrology and Hydraulics and Statistics for Water Management by the Dept. of WRE, BUET.
- Training on Business Communication Skills by British Council, Bangladesh.
- Training on Polder Water Management by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM).
- Basic Training on ArcGIS by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM).
- Basic Training on MIKE 11 by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM).
- Member, The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB- 40644)
- Liton Chandra Mazumder, Md. Abdulla Hel Kafi, Md. Abul Hasan Rana and Md. Sohel Masud (2019); “Application of Quasi-2D Hydraulic Model for the Local Level Flood and Drainage Management in a Growing Industrial Area near the Foot Hills”. 2nd International Conference on Water and Environmental Engineering (iCWEE2019) 19-22 Jan 2019, Dhaka, Bangladesh ISBN: 978-0-6482681-1-6, pp. 155-163
Major Project Assignment
- Expansion of flood forecasting model & Improve inundation model in coastal and hotspot areas
- Development of a web-based cyclone surge induced inundation monitoring & local level forecasting system in polder protected areas of coastal region
- Basic Data Collection and Monitoring of River Water Under Preliminary Study for Water Resources Development Project for Southern Chattagram Region
- 3 New Rail Line, and a New Rail Bridge over the Teesta River - Hydro-morphological Study
- Flash Flood Early Warning System for North-Eastern Part of Bangladesh
- Feasibility Study for Flood Control, Drainage, Irrigation and Dredging of Bakkhali River in Cox’s Bazar District
- Regional Models Updating and Validation
- Feasibility Study for Navigation Improvement and Landing facilities at Chittagong Hill Tracts Region
- Feasibility Study for Construction of Hydraulic Elevated Dam of BWDB
- Model Configuration, Development and Simulation of MIKE Hydro Basin for Sg. Selangor, Sg. Klang and Sg. Langat River Basins for Various Abstraction Scenarios for the Water Allocation Plan Study for Selangor State
- Hydrodynamic Modelling Study and Statistical Analysis for Determination of Hydrological Parameters at Selected Locations on the River Crossing of Dhaka-Chittagong-Cox’s Bazar Railway Line
- Hydrological Study for a Water Reservoir Construction to Supply Water to the GPH Ispat Limited
- Flood and Drainage Management study at BSRM plots
- Haor Flood Management and Livelihood Improvement Project (BWDB Part)