Mr. Sakil Ahmed was graduated in Computer Science & Engineering from Islamic University, Kushtia-Jhenidah, Bangladesh in October 2014. Later he completed his MSc in Information Technology from Jahangirnagar University in 2018 and appeared in another MSc in GIS for Environment and Development from the same university.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Sakil has a professional experience of about 8 years in the field of software developer/web programmer/GIS Programmer. He has started his career in Institute of Water Modelling (IWM) from September 2016. As a Junior Database/Software Analyst Mr. Sakil is responsible for write, modify, integrate and test software code, maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required, identify and communicate technical problems, process and solutions, prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software, assist in collection and documentation of user requirements, assist in the development of logical and physical specifications, lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers, research and evaluate a variety of software products, design and develop database architecture for information systems projects, research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security, write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers, development of GIS services.
Mr. Sakil has an excellent knowledge on software development life cycle and he has worked in every step of SDLC, database design, MIS-GIS application development and ERP development. He has good knowledge on GIS and RS technologies.
Mr. Sakil has received specialized training in Google Earth Engine, Meta-modelling, GRACE, Land Use, STATA statistical software. He has also provided specialized training to various professionals on Crop Suitability, Industry Management Information System, Koshi River Prediction Trend Model, SiMS Smart.
Training (As a Trainer)
- Training to the BWDB professionals under "SiMS-Smart: Scheme Information Management System of BWDB" at Seminar Hall, BWDB, Chittagong (18 November 2017)
- Training to CEGIS professionals under "Koshi River Prediction Trend Model (KRPTM)", Training Room, CEGIS, Dhaka (15 October 2015)
- Training to different DOE professionals regarding "Industry Management Information System (IMIS)" at Training Room, CEGIS, Dhaka (11 to 13 August 2015)
- Training to different BARC, BARI, BINA, SRDI professionals regarding "Crop Suitability Assessment Model (CSAM)". Venue: Training Room, Computer Unit, BARC (26 to 28 May 2015).
Training (As a Trainee)
Specialized Software and Programming:
- Training on "Mapping Mangroves – GIS Training for Technicians", 11 November 2020, conducted by Commonwealth Blue Charter Training Programme 2020 (online)
- Training on "Mapping Mangroves – GIS Training for Managers", 9 October 2020, conducted by Commonwealth Blue Charter Training Programme 2020 (online)
- Training on "Training of Trainers 1", 29 September – 30 October 2019, organized within the Joint Cooperation Programme Bangladesh – The Netherlands at Dhaka
- Training on "Google Earth Engine", 5 July – 9 July 2019, conducted by IRS-JU and ICIMOD, Supported by NASA and USAID at IRS-JU, Savar
- Training on " Meta-modelling for Delta Planning ", 13 May -26 May 2019, Conducted by Deltares, Netherlands
- Training on "Use of satellite data for Ground Water monitoring (GRACE Training)" 26 April 2018, conducted by BARC, Dhaka
- Training on "Land Use Modelling" 10 December – 15 December 2014, conducted by WARPO and CEGIS under the NUFFIC-NICHE-115 project at CEGIS, Dhaka
- Training on "STATA 13/IC" 12 March – 13 March 2014, conducted by CEGIS, Dhaka.
ASP .NET MVC, Python, PHP, Laravel, C#, VBA, VB6, Angular JS, TypeScript, Knockout JS, Vue, Leaflet, OpenLayers, Cordova, IONIC, Jquery, Bootstrap, RDLC, Crystal Report, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, Mysql, ArcGIS, QGIS, ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro.
Major Project Assignment
- Joint Cooperation Programme Bangladesh - The Netherlands
- Development of Upazila Land Suitability Assessment and Crop Zoning System of Bangladesh for BARC
- Updating and upgrading of SIMS, development of SlMS-Google, SlMS-Web, SIMS-Mobile for BWDB
- Review of the Physical Condition and Functionality of Existing Hydraulic Structures of BWDB
- GIS based Interactive Election Assessment System
- Interactive Geo-Database for the Coastal Zone
- Updating the resettlement action plan (RAP) and Development of an IT System for Improvement of Sylhet-Tamabil Road
- Preparation of GIS Maps (City & Ward) for Chattogram City Corporation (CCC)
- Development of an Interactive Information System (IIS) for the study and investigation of groundwater and surface water irrigation in Habiganj, Moulavibazar, Sylhet, Sunamganj, Netrokona and Kishorganj districts.
- River dredging e-Master plan of Bangladesh
- IWM Website Improvement
- Flash Flood Early Warning System for North Eastern part of Bangladesh
- Preparation for action plan for control of pollution of peripheral rivers or Dhaka City
- Developed web based ERP on the modules of Sales, Procurement, Inventory, Accounts, Security
- Crop Suitability Assessment Model (CSAM) for BARC
- River Behavioral Analysis of Koshi River Basin
- Web enabled and GIS Based Poultry farm and their local market monitoring system for Department of Livestock Services (DLS)