A H M Tajul Islam obtained Diploma in Engineering from Dhaka Polytechnic Institute in 1989, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Stamford University, Bangladesh in 2007.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Islam has over 30 years of experience in using AutoCAD, GIS (using ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcGIS), RS (ERDAS Imagine, ILWIS, IDRISI) in different development projects in Bangladesh. He also has experience in providing trainings on GIS and AutoCAD to the officials of different Govt. and Private organizations. He also has experience in developing GIS based Information System, Decision Support System, Management Information System, Web-GIS Based Applications.
Mr. Islam has participated in a lot of trainings as trainee in both home and abroad on GIS/RS and GIS Based Application Development.
He is also a member of professional socities.
- Member (M-37156), the Institute of Engineers (IEB), Bangladesh
- Member (M-01252), Bangladesh Computer Society, Bangladesh
- Member (11-0103), Bangladesh Society of Geo-Informatics
- Internet Mapping with Geoserver, Postgres, and Openlayers 3” from Udemy (online) in March 25, 2020.
- Linux Administration and Server Configuration” by Bangladesh-Korea Information Access Center and Department of Computer Science and Engineering CSE, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2011.
- Remote Sensing and GIS in Water Management” in 2008, by Directorate of Continuing Education (DCE) in collaboration with Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
- Internet based Mapping Technologies and Customizing ArcGIS with ArcObjects using Visual Basic” held at ICIMOD, Kathmandu, Nepal in 2013.
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET” by New Horizons CLC of Bangladesh On May 2012.
- Oracle 10g Database Administration Certified Professional (OCP) Program” by IBCS-PRIMAX Software (BD) Ltd, Bangladesh in October 2010.
- Grameen Certified e-Technology Professional (GCEP)” by Grameen Star Education in 2001-2002.
- What’s new in ArcInfo 8.0 and Customizing ArcInfo 8.0 with VBA” by EGIS Training center, Dhaka with ESRI South Asia, Singapore in 2000.
- ArcView Spatial Analyst, Map Objects and ERDAS Imagine” by ESRI India at NIIT Center Delhi, India in 1999.
- Avenue Programming” by SWMC, Dhaka in 1998.
- Concepts and Applications of Geographic Information Systems (Workstation Arc/INFO, PC Arc/INFO and ArcView by SWMC, Dhaka in 1997.
- PC Based Geographic Information Systems using GIST, ARC/INFO & IDRISI” held at GIS Application Center, AIT, Bangkok, Thailand in 1996.
- Concepts and Applications of Geographic Information Systems using Workstation Arc/Info, PC Arc/Info and ArcView” by SWMC in September 1997.
- AutoCAD and its built-in macro language AutoLISP” by Computers and Engineers, Dhaka in August 1992.
- Computer Aided Design using AutoCAD package” by Computers and Engineers, Dhaka in February 1992.
- Fundamental of Computing & MS-DOS, Word Processing (Word Perfect 5.1, Word Star 4.0) Spreadsheet Analysis using Lotus 1-2-3, Database Systems with dBASE III Plus” by Center for Informatics & Electronics, Dhaka in 1989.
"Identification of Char Lands & Suitability analysis of cropping in dry (Winter) season on Teesta-Jamuna River Basin in Bangladesh",
Kamruzzman, Mohammad; Islam, A H M Tajul; Siddiquee, Md. Zahid Hasan; Islam, Md. Ashraful;
Major Project Assignment
- Development of an Interactive Information System for BMDA Phase-II Project
- Development of Web-GIS Based Salinity Information System for a IWM-WB joint research work
- Development of Salinity Information System for the Coastal Districts of Bangladesh
- Development of a MIS for the South West Area Integrated Water Resource Management and Planning Project of BWDB
- Development of a Data Management System for Hardware and Water Quality (HAWQ) of DPHE
- Development of a Web Portal for Comprehensive Disaster Management Project (CDMP)
- Development of GIS Based MIS for Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (DWASA)
- Development of a Decision Support System (DSS) for the Teesta Command Area Project (TCADP)
- Development of an Interactive Information System (IIS) for Teesta Command Area Development Project (TCADP)
- Development of Interactive Information System (IIS) for CARE Shahar Project
- Preparation of Regional Hydrometric and Hydrometeorological maps for the Surface Water Simulation Modelling Phase III project.