Mr. Tarun Kanti Magumdar earned Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from BUET in 1998, and Master of Civil Engineering in Environment from BUET in 2005.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Tarun has 10 years experience in Mathematical Modelling in Water resources, Consultancy, Research, and Engineering Survey. By this time, he has worked in 18 projects which includes: Flood Control Drainage & Irrigation (FCD/FCDI) projects, Hydrological Studies of Road and Land developments projects, and Flood Forecasting and Warning Services. He is a member of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
Mr. Tarun has participated in several trainings as resource person as well as trainee in country and outside of Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Mathematical Modelling along with Hydrological Studies and Terrestrial Survey under the Haor Rehabilitation Scheme
- Technical Backstopping for FFWC Super Model
- Effect of Sea level rise on Coastal communities and their livelihood in Bangladesh
- Mathematical Hydraulic Modelling for the towns Manikganj, Munshiganj and Sunamganj under STIFPP-II
- Modhumoti Model Town Flood Analysis
- Use of ECMWF data for Flash Flood Forecasting in the Northeast Region of Bangladesh
- Impact Assessment of Climate Change and Sea level rise on Monsoon Flooding
- Hydraulic Model Study of Rayermahal Kaya Bazar Road Project
- Mathematical Modelling for Feasibility Study of Chandpur-Comilla Integrated Flood Control, Drainage and Irrigation Project
- Mathematical Modelling Study for Irrigation Development in South Comilla and North Noakhali Drainage Project
- Consolidation and Strengthening of Flood Forecasting and Warning Services
- Mathematical Modelling for Manu â€“ Dhalai â€“ Khowai â€“ Kushiyara Flood Management Project
- Mathematical Modelling and Engineering Survey & Investigation of Feasibility Study for Comprehensive South Comilla and North Noakhali Drainage
- Mathematical Modelling for Feasibility study of Baggardona Drainage Improvement Project
- JICA Base Line Study for Eastern Bypass of Dhaka City