Mr. Zahid has completed his bachelor in Urban & Regional Planning from BUET (2002). He completed an M. Sc. In Photogrammtery & Geo-informatics from the Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany (2006). Besides has completed a Post Graduate Diploma in River Basin Management (RBM) with an emphasis on the Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) from CDDET Foundation, Madrid, Spain(2014).
Professional Track Record
- From July to December 2002, he worked as Teaching Assistant in the Department of URP at BUET.
- From December 2002 to July 2004, worked as CAD and GIS Expert in Star Trek Associates Limited
- From December 2005 to July 2006, worked as Scientific Research Assistant in University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany.
- From September 2006 to February 2007, worked as GIS Manger in Golden Harvest Scankort GIS Ltd
- From February 2007 to July 2007, worked as GIS Expert/Senior Urban Planner in Ganibangla Ltd
- From July 2007 to December 2008, he was working as GIS Expert in CDM Project in BUET.
- From March 2008 to November 2009, he worked as Urban Planner/ GIS Specialist in Engineering & Planning Consultant (EPC) Ltd.
- From October 2009 to March 2010, he worked as Lecturer in the Department of URP at BUET.
- From November 2009 to till date he has been involved as GIS & RS Specialist in the ICT-GIS Division.
- President, BUET Planners Association (2014 -2016).
- EC Member, Professional Affairs, Bangladesh Society of Geo-Informatics (BSGI, 2014-2016).
- Member, Bangladesh Institute of Planners (BIP), Membership No: M 451.
- Member, DAAD Alumni Association.
- Member, Alumni Association of Stuttgart FHT.
- Member, South Asian Active Alumni Group (SAAG).
Major Project Assignment
- Bangladesh Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Mapping Brac's Presence Through Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Ground Water Management and Feasibility Study for 148 Pourashava having no Piped Water Supply from DPHE funded by GOB.
- Haor Flood Management and Livelihood Improvement Project funded by JICA
- Coastal Embankment Improvement Project 2 (CEIP2)
- Drainage Modelling of the Easter Bypass
- Drainage & Water Logging study of Sylhet City Corporation